TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re can you read what you are writing?
Former FT in China - 2016-08-29
In response to Re can you read what you are writing? (paul fox)

I have never heard of this before. No pay for July and August seems normal, but your apartment is still your 'home' while you are in China and working for that school/uni. Any establishment that essentially evicts their FT's during the summer vacation is one to seriously stay away from. They don't deserve us !

You come across as a mettlesome newbie and a quarrelsome know-all. I'm sure San Migs will enlighten you, along the same lines as I am doing now. Over to you, San Migs!

San Migs is basically on about Chinese employers offering 10 month teaching contracts, which MOST still do! They want us in, and then out asap once our teaching task is over, at the start of the summer holidays.

Some China old hands are clever enough to negotiate 12 month contracts, which of course will require 12 month RPs, so that they can remain In China with the option of occupying their apartments, or vacation, until they decide to move on to a new school. It's even possible to negotiate full pay during the summer vacation if you agree to accept the offer of continued employment where you are by signing up for another academic year at the start of the summer vacation! But that offer might not be forthcoming. If not, you can stay put and take your time choosing a suitable job elsewhere in the country. As in fact, you can also do if you want to move on to another school in China, without having to exit the country.

Messages In This Thread
PNTSD -- amused -- 2016-08-28
Re PNTSD -- Guangxi Guy -- 2016-08-29
Re PNTSD -- amused -- 2016-08-29
Re PNTSD -- Sven Olafsen -- 2016-08-28
Re PNTSD -- San Migs -- 2016-08-28
can you read what you are writing? -- amused -- 2016-08-29
Re can you read what you are writing? -- San Migs -- 2016-08-29
Re can you read what you are writing? -- paul fox -- 2016-08-29
Re can you read what you are writing? -- San Migs -- 2016-08-29
Re can you read what you are writing? -- Former FT in China -- 2016-08-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re can you read what you are writing?

Go to another board -