TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › You're welcome, my friend! More thoughts... - Teachers Discussion
Frank - 2006-08-20
In response to Thanks Frank! - Teachers Discussion (Yingwen Laoshi)

Yingwen Laoshi,

Im glad I could offer you some additional information, from myself and others FTs. I understand your reasons COMPLETELY for considering work in training schools. My life in Nanjing is expensive (rent, monthly payments sent to USA, and I have unusually high monthly medical expenses--ugh!). I simply could not survive on a university or other public school salary (and I also dont relish the idea of working two jobs to make ends meet).

I will tell you that in my experience -- and I have worked in several training centers -- the students are usually quite motivated (as opposed to what some FTs tell me about a significant percentage of students in public schools) because they have invested a lot of money for the classes and they usually have a directed goal(s) for learning English. For example, many work in import/export business (or hope to). I quite enjoy teaching students (ranging in age from 18-50) in training schools! Its the management that will likely be your nightmare.

The trick is finding/negotiating a situation (or contract) with a training school that is reasonable (number of teaching hours, and other expectations). Yes, you are correct. Each franchise of Web International will have its own characteristics. Hopefully, you can locate and communicate with a few FTs presently working at both locations.

Best wishes to you and the missus!!!

Frank

Messages In This Thread
Web International School: Xiamen-Nantong - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-08-19
Yingwen - still looking? - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-08-23
Thanks, KJ - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-08-24
Sounds about right... - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-23
Web School - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-21
Good Review, Raoul - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-08-22
Raoul Rocks! - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-22
Thanks... - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-23
additional information - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-19
Thanks Frank! - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2006-08-20
You're welcome, my friend! More thoughts... - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › You're welcome, my friend! More thoughts... - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -