TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Outrageous Ads - Teachers Discussion
Raoul Duke - 2006-08-27

Yikes!

I think the first one Frank listed is the one that started this discussion, and seems the worst of the two.

Note that they specify that you must already be holding a Z visa...they don't even want to be troubled to get you a visa so you can come get their lousy 3K a month!

I know a Filipina teacher working at a school...not sure what to make of the fact that it's in the same province. The school has completely refused to provide her with a Z Visa or Residence and Work Permits...even though her Big 7 colleagues got them no problem. She also earns considerably less for teaching the same schedule as the others.

These things are absolutely intolerable. THEY ONLY HAPPEN BECAUSE SO FAR THE SCHOOLS AND RECRUITERS HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET AWAY WITH THEM! I hope that people will be aware enough to not take them in the first place. You can't always see them in advance...if you find yourself in such a position, and complaining doesn't work, I hope you'll have the means and the faith to walk away and find something better.

We talked elsewhere about teacher solidarity. If you're a Big 7 teacher, and you see these things happening in your school, I hope you'll have the courage and the humanity to stand together and stop it.
(Yes, I like to think I would. I sure hope so...)

Messages In This Thread
What the helllllll - Teachers Discussion -- maggie -- 2006-08-26
Yeah, maggie, it seems there are no limits... - Teachers Discussion -- Frank -- 2006-08-26
Outrageous Ads - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-27
Right On Maggie! - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-26
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Outrageous Ads - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -