TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › response to Raoul... - Teachers Discussion
Maryjoy - 2006-08-30

Hey buddy!I am glad that you are quite observant in some of the dark realities happening in the ESL teaching arena here in China.I am a Filipino who is holding a degree in Education and is presently employed in one of the recognized Foreign Language Schools here in the South. As one of those so called "non-native speakers", I somehow experienced hardships in applying for a job as most schools (especially in the South)require "natives".When I applied for a post in this school,the first question they asked was "Filipinos speak English?".My instant reply was "of course!we do!Even our dogs understand English!"Then I asked them to try me.And that was the start-I immediately signed contract.But,pal,I did not receive any rubbish offer from my employer as I am enjoying the same benefits and treatment as any natives do.In fact, my boss is even asking me to sign a 5 year contract with them....which I find funny (will the government grant me citizenship?).

Messages In This Thread
I'm missing something. - Teachers Discussion -- Chuck -- 2006-08-20
Filipinos, etc... - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-21
response to Raoul... - Teachers Discussion -- Maryjoy -- 2006-08-30
Good News! - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-31
That's what I figured. - Teachers Discussion -- Chuck -- 2006-08-22
Non Native English Teachers - Teachers Discussion -- KJK -- 2006-08-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › response to Raoul... - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -