TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I think that's enough. - Teachers Discussion
Chuck - 2006-09-01

Whatever kinds of problems posters are having with each others' posts or opinions, they need to be kept within an air of decency; if that isn't possible, keep them to yourselves. The anger, the silly accusations, the hostility, the hateful and attempts at hurtful messages need to stop. We need to remember this is a board for professionals, and that's what we are, or at least are trying to be.

One poster seemingly wants me to jump out of a window, to cause myself some physical harm. There's no room for that sort of message in a work-related forum.

There has been another poster that has accused me of posting under two other names, as if that's important to him. Once again, I'm not John and I'm not Dave, not do I know them. Nor will I try to convince anybody of this. I honestly have just been ignoring him, strictly to keep him back. There's no way for anybody over the internet to hurt anybody else, as we all realise that it's just the net. I know that, he knows that, everybody else knows that; unfortunately, he doesn't enough self esteem or maturity or the strength of personality to not be an annoyance.

It really isn't difficult to understand why some of the regular posters from the recent past haven't bothered coming back. For the amount of valid information that can be got from these threads, it really wasn't worth their time or energy to wade through the personality parade.

I would leave also, but sometimes it's fun to stick around just to see what happens next!

Messages In This Thread
I think that's enough. - Teachers Discussion -- Chuck -- 2006-09-01
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I think that's enough. - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -