TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Authenticating a UK degree of a non native speaker
Guangxi Guy - 2016-09-06

That is a good question. That particular fellow might check the box saying 'native speaker' but do they reject this if 'South Africa' is the nationality and place of birth?

It seems to me.. and I don't know a lot about S.A. .. but it seems to me some of the ones I meet have something closer to a 'Melbourne' Australia way of speaking. British. Maybe like your YT blogger.

Then, most of them I meet must come from whatever that Boar or 'Afrikaans' or whatever that English that requires subtitles when they are speaking in films or TV interviews. It's English but it might be one of the most baffling 'foreign sounding' dialects or accents or whatever we want to call it.

Messages In This Thread
Authenticating a UK degree of a non native speaker -- Confused -- 2016-09-06
Re Authenticating a UK degree of a non native speaker -- San Migs -- 2016-09-06
Re Authenticating a UK degree of a non native speaker -- Guangxi Guy -- 2016-09-06
Re Authenticating a UK degree of a non native speaker -- Foxy -- 2016-09-06
Re Authenticating a UK degree of a non native speaker -- Former FT in China -- 2016-09-07
Re Authenticating a UK degree of a non native speaker -- Former FT in China -- 2016-09-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Authenticating a UK degree of a non native speaker

Go to another board -