TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion
Guangxi Guy - 2016-09-11
In response to Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion (Nanning Hand)

Yes I know Nanning and I agree with the OP that Nanning has really gone downhill as a place to find ESL teaching jobs. Which sounds funny when you consider its blowing up, has massive amounts of new families, is a growing market and expected to grow to 10 million as soon as possible. The problem seems to have actually started (or gotten worse) as big 'chain' franchises suddenly poured in during the last year. They are almost all assholes who are delighting in fucking over the once naive and 'easy going' more innocent southern local Nanning people. Who've responded by.... by copying all the 'big northern city' scams, tricks and abuses, skimming, scamming and fucking over foreign teachers. Even harder now to 'compete' with the big slicksters that moved in.

So I will agree with the OP based on everything I've experienced and can gather (and i've met a lot of foreign teachers who've been in Nanning or are even still there) and yes this is being said by nearly everyone. Interestingly, I know far more who moved AWAY from Nanning in the last 2 years. Again, all confirming Nanning might be a good city to live (or not) but its NOT GOOD for teaching jobs at the moment. In my experience a lot of them are shocking arrogant now and all but requesting foreigners bow down to them for the jobs.

Messages In This Thread
Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- KS -- 2006-08-15
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- James T. -- 2012-05-07
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- San Migs -- 2012-05-07
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- James T. -- 2012-05-07
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Claire -- 2012-03-20
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Nanning Hand -- 2016-09-09
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Guangxi Guy -- 2016-09-11
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Foxy -- 2016-09-09
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Tom Hilton -- 2012-04-14
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Dezlie Mikulin -- 2012-04-16
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Eden English -- 2012-03-21
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Mark -- 2012-04-13
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Magister -- 2012-03-22
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Michael -- 2012-03-20
Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion -- Magister -- 2012-03-21
Eden English - Teachers Discussion -- Paul Ridden -- 2007-03-10
Just the job ads - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Raoul Duke -- 2006-08-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Eden English School - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -