TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re please look at my life
John O' Shei - 2016-10-16

That is indeed correct, many a teacher encounters other opportunities and what's more; they actually came from not so traditional teaching backgrounds and naturally then go off in other directions that are more suited to them. To be considered to be a decent teacher is a great compliment, but those days are long gone!

Although I do talk to teachers from time to time (unlike many other expats, I avoid looking down on teachers) and laugh and joke about various aspects of the job, I can't say that I'll spend much time on here; this is just a flying visit. This site has changed quite a bit, it once did a good job of warning newer teachers about the pitfalls of teaching ESL, tore apart a fair few shitty schools, but now what you can mainly see are shitty, older teachers that seem desperate to stay in China at all costs (do we even have to work in China?).

As with most forum websites relating to any subject, industry or hobby, the original user base has to move on and be replaced with a new generation of users; then the future of the website will depend upon whether of the new users are of equal quality to the original users, boring people don't maintain good discussions!

Teachers retire, guitar players get married and the wife doesn't tolerate them making so much noise, computer nerds actually manage to get a life... Or in some cases, that forum gets a over-zealous admin that bans all the funniest, most controversial users in hope of attracting more advertising revenue; yet accidentally destroys their entire user base as people just migrate to better websites, or just get outside and go to the pub, like normal people used to.

Messages In This Thread
Re please look at my life -- John O' Shei -- 2016-10-16
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re please look at my life

Go to another board -