TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re maybe going home to the west could mean death
amused - 2016-10-17

Sometimes I wonder if this site should be referred to as a 'teachers board' or a site for
bored teachers

The most prolific contributors to this forum are individuals who no longer teach ESL or who choose to cloak their employment activity. The posts that are punctuated with '[edited]' most likely contain vulgar personal attacks. I doubt that the moderators are editing references to Milton or Chaucer.

Luddite posts on scientific forums are savaged. Feminist posts on Christian forums receive bible-thumping sermons. Poorly written English on an ESL Teachers forum is fair game.

This forum is relegated to a few codgers who stroll together down Commonwealth Memory Lane, sharing memories of biscuits, comparing mythical retirement holdings and venting about women who were unfortunate enough to have birthed, betrothed and bedded them.

I confess to clutching to the naive beliefs that toothless chatter belongs in a nursing home, that English teachers should be able to write English and that teachers' forums should be discussions about teaching.

I do not consider you or Turnoi to be patients in that ward.

Messages In This Thread
Re maybe going home to the west could mean death -- Foxy -- 2016-10-16
Re maybe going home to the west could mean death -- amused -- 2016-10-17
Re maybe going home to the west could mean death -- Foxy -- 2016-10-17
Re Beware of China Haters! -- Former FT in China -- 2016-10-17
Re Beware of China Haters! -- San Migs -- 2016-10-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re maybe going home to the west could mean death

Go to another board -