TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Beware of China Haters!
Former FT in China - 2016-10-17

Living on 7000 rmb a month in a polluted country full of racist and brainwashed idiots, I don't think many people in the West would be envious of that!

There are westerners in poor areas of China who choose to consume the cheapest Chinese food in order to save lots of money. They have no idea of good food because they had become so used to consuming trashy food back home where they were in trashy jobs.

I suspect that there are even some westerners living in China with Chinese wives who always feed them trashy dishes as those women don't know any better. Likely, they are related to Chinese peasant farmers and most of them are happy to marry westerners more than 20 years older than they are for monetary reasons.

All I can predict is that there will be thousands more ex-China FT's living on the streets in The USA, UK and Australia in a few years time
because they wasted the most important years of their lives in China.

That might well happen! Planning for the future is not practised by many people, be they in China or not! Younger FTs in China from poor western families and without property or occupational pensions or substantial savings back home would be well-advised to invest the equivalent in foreign currency of at least 2,000 RMB/month from their salary into a private pension fund. However, in order to do so, they'll have to budget. Doable, yes, and much better than working a low-paid job back home! No way to save money by doing so.

Messages In This Thread
Re Beware of China Haters! -- Former FT in China -- 2016-10-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Beware of China Haters!

Go to another board -