TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re cost of living
Former FT in China - 2016-10-23
In response to Re cost of living (Former FT in China)

I'm going through a box of Chinese blades every 6 weeks. Shave with cold water and a small bowl of boiling water to wash out any gunge that collects in the head of the razor. You don't need foam, you can use a bar of soap, but either the Chinese soap is low grade or the water makes it difficult to get a lather. Anyways, soap for washing hands does the job of shaving, but you'll need to wash out the gunge more frequently in the boiling water, moving the razor mainly vertically and shaking it.

Yep, your bingzi project failed. Just a thought! If China bores you, get back to Blighty, buy a mobile chippie, a van. An old van can be bought and converted! Live nearby or within a country area. Drive to small villages that don't have chippies or to council estates far from chip shops. Fry up in the van. Visit different places/villages each evening.

Probably, you will need a licence to sell cooked food area-wise, and be subject to regular inspections (health and safety regulations).

I saw two such mobile chippies operating. One in Watten village, Sutherland, and the other in a council estate of Auchinleck, Ayrshire. I bought fish and chips from both vans, and enjoyed the food!

Sorry, Watten village is in Caithness, not Sutherland!

Messages In This Thread
Re cost of living -- Former FT in China -- 2016-10-23
Re cost of living -- Former FT in China -- 2016-10-23
Re cost of living -- Foxy -- 2016-10-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re cost of living

Go to another board -