TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re BE AWARE OF HUAMEI GROUP, GUANGZHOU - Teachers Discussion
Steven Katsipodas - 2016-10-25

Wow! Is that the same group of schools? I just got hired to teach business in one of them. This is my second month here. Everything that was promised at the interview was delivered and more! I joined the school this last September along with 17 other new teachers all from Ontario! We have been treated with the greatest of respect. They did everything to get us visas, free living accommodations near the school, great salaries and benefits. They picked us up at the airport, took us on a dinner cruise, held birthday parties for us and are taking us on a trip next month fully paid by the school. Our principal is kind and nurturing, our teaching staff is fantastic, the admin support terrific in all respects and the students are to die for! They are respectful and very grateful! I have lost track as to how many times they have thanked me for teaching them! I must say that it is very rewarding to teach here. I have had zero discipline issues so far. Not one student gave attitude. The biggest problem is, every so often I may a have a couple of sleepy kids in class but how can they not be? they are in school until 9:40 every night! They have a 2.5 hour lunch break and that is it. They are in classes the rest of the day starting at 7:45! And this is middle school and secondary school! I find this unbelievable but true! So I have a great deal of respect even for the sleepy ones. We have never been coerced to hand out marks and we run our classes like we would back home. I have been teaching since the early nineties. I have loved my career as a teacher. I have loved every minute of it. And I love it even more now! I am saddened to hear about the bad incidents that fellow teachers may encounter around the world. But this is definitely not my experience here. I hope that new teachers do not get discouraged and follow their heart and their dreams! Just do it. And sometimes you can't appreciate the highs if you don't have any lows. Steven Katsipodas. Teacher of business and computer science.

Messages In This Thread
BE AWARE OF HUAMEI GROUP, GUANGZHOU - Teachers Discussion -- George Evashuk -- 2006-05-11
Re BE AWARE OF HUAMEI GROUP, GUANGZHOU - Teachers Discussion -- Steven Katsipodas -- 2016-10-25
BE AWARE OF SILLY POSTINGS -- Nick Grigoriou -- 2008-04-15
Huamei International School / ŏ -- disgruntled emloyee -- 2007-03-20
Stay Away! HUAMEI GROUP, GUANGZHOU - Teachers Discussion -- Past Teacher -- 2006-08-30
is it good to study in Guangzhou huamei International school? - Teachers Discussion -- trang -- 2006-09-02
I teach at Huamei International school. - Teachers Discussion -- Ivan Nalder -- 2006-05-30
Bottom of the Barrel - Teachers Discussion -- Raoul Duke LOOK! I BEEN TO COLLEGE! -- 2006-05-22
Burned in China - Teachers Discussion -- Robin Day B.Sc. MSc. B.Ed. -- 2006-05-22
Honor and Justice - Relax George - Teachers Discussion -- DB -- 2006-05-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re BE AWARE OF HUAMEI GROUP, GUANGZHOU - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -