TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
· Previous · Next Return to Index › Wuhan Bio-Engineering Institute in Wuhan - Teachers Discussion
Liz - 2006-09-27

I got a call from Wuhan Bio-Engineering Institute telling me that they want me to work for their school. When I went to the school for an interview they said that they need me to start the soonest. They told me that they will need me to get a medical exam before I start teaching. They promised to pay me back as soon as I present the receipt. They said that they will sign a year contract with me and provide all the documents that I will need to get my work visa done but for the time being they need me to start working for their school while waiting for the documents. On my first day it was apparent that they were talking about me being young and Asian looking. I could see the protesting looks in their eyes while they watch me move around. After teaching 6 hours, they let me go without an explanation and without reimbursing the money I paid for the medical Exam. They are offering to pay me RMB 300 for teaching 6 hours. I want to forget about it but something's driving me to do something about this injustice. A school is suppose to be a place where young and not so young learners are to be trained to become better people but why do school leaders execute irrational decisions/actions. As educators our main objective is not to just teach but to be role models to our students but why do most of us start by being not professional. This is my first time in China and I don't know how things work around here. It's certainly not a good experience to start with. Is their anyone their who can give me some pieces of advice?

· Previous · Next Return to Index › Wuhan Bio-Engineering Institute in Wuhan - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -