TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: 'Helicopter Parents' and 'Love Tents'
Former FT in China - 2016-11-02
In response to Re: 'Helicopter Parents' and 'Love Tents' (BeenThere)

Those kids have the right to make their own mistakes. That's the only way to learn. In the fast changing world we live in, a child can't be sheltered for too long: They need to develop a sense of responsibility very early, don't you think?

I see what you mean.You do make some good points.

Even so, it seems to me that in China there are parents who do not do the necessary checks to ensure that their kids won't be placed in a situation abroad where they will be in trouble academically because of their poor English skills. Too many Chinese students sent abroad to further their education do not perform well. I think not enough attention is paid to their English skills and also to their motivation to study hard before they are sent abroad. Also, many Chinese students are immature for their age compared to western students. So, they are incapable of making the correct choices by themselves.

Messages In This Thread
'Helicopter Parents' and 'Love Tents' -- Former FT in China -- 2016-11-02
Re: 'Helicopter Parents' and 'Love Tents' -- BeenThere -- 2016-11-02
Re: 'Helicopter Parents' and 'Love Tents' -- Former FT in China -- 2016-11-02
Re: 'Helicopter Parents' and 'Love Tents' -- Foxy -- 2016-11-02
Re: 'Helicopter Parents' and 'Love Tents' -- Former FT in China -- 2016-11-03
Re: 'Helicopter Parents' and 'Love Tents' -- Foxy -- 2016-11-03
Re: 'Helicopter Parents' and 'Love Tents' -- Former FT in China -- 2016-11-03
Re: 'Helicopter Parents' and 'Love Tents' -- Arthur -- 2016-11-03
Re: 'Helicopter Parents' and 'Love Tents' -- Foxy -- 2016-11-03
Re: 'Helicopter Parents' and 'Love Tents' -- Arthur -- 2016-11-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: 'Helicopter Parents' and 'Love Tents'

Go to another board -