TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re protecting your own
Foxy - 2016-11-03

The Guardian!! well, that explains it.

'Tis true! Guardian readers are usually feminist liberals or men afflicted with the disease we call 'misogyny'.

Gay men are certainly popular with women due to the fact that women feel 'safe' around them. My ex-wife used to LOVE Thai ladyboys for that same reason. They are not exactly likely to 'hit' on them, are they?

Life is full of dull and boring people, which is why we seek out people who are the opposite, (unless you are an accountant, lol).

The problem, IMHO, is that we are often too quick to judge people who don't fit our own model of what we believe the world SHOULD be.

Anyone who doesn't fit into our 'worldview' is automatically an 'outcast'. Yet isn't the fact that we're not all the same one of the reasons for living and experiencing new things?

I've had many 'gay' friends during my life, all of whom I can categorically say that I have enjoyed their company so much that I have often actually looked forward to going for a night-out with them.

There's only ever been one person who insisted on the 'don't knock it till you've tried it' kind of attitude, but other than that I've learned to adopt the 'live-and-let-live' approach, and so far it's worked.

I certainly have no 'axe to grind' with people who share different beliefs just as long as they don't try to drag me into their 'world' against my will.
I am perfectly capable of making my own decisions. Don't judge me, and I won't judge you!

Surely it can't get more simple than that?

Messages In This Thread
Re protecting your own -- Foxy -- 2016-11-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re protecting your own

Go to another board -