TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
· Previous · Next Return to Index › Chinese Canadian teaching in China - Teachers Discussion
Michael - 2006-09-30

Hi guys

I am a chinese Canadian who wanted to teach in China for a couple of years and i have a BA in psych and hopefully i will get a BEd in general primary education and a Alberta(my province) teaching certificate. I don't have a lot of experience teaching other than my school placement through the BEd program. I wanted to teach in china for a year or two before i go back to canada and apply for the school board back home. However i read that schools in China does not practice an equal employment opportunity and if they see that i am of asian origin, they will continue to look for a "white face" and disregard whether a contract has been signed or not or whether one is capable of teaching. Are there any Chinese Canadian, Chinese American or Chinese British out there that can tell me whether this is true and if they encounter any problems because of their skin color.

· Previous · Next Return to Index › Chinese Canadian teaching in China - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -