TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re Hillary set to receive more votes than any US presidential candidate in history except Obama
Curious - 2016-11-23

Myself, I was sure she would win.

I had been following the polls, intensively, for 2 months. They were all predicting she would win, although with a diminished margin after the 2 FBI letters, with the following 2 exceptions: The Los Angeles Times predicted that he would win; they had been predicting that for months (they used a totally different methodology than all the others, who were laughing uncontrollably at the LATimes including at the beginning of the evening of the election). And the other exception is the most excellent Nate Silver's website http://fivethirtyeight.com: He always gave 3 scenarios:
a) the polls might be exact and Hillary would win both the popular vote and the electoral college votes,
b) the polls might have been wrong by the usual error margin of 3% in her favor (i.e. she would have a landslide of electoral votes), or
c) the polls might have been wrong by the usual error margin of 3% in his favor in which case, Nate predicted, she might still likely get the popular vote if she loses 3% of the votes but she might lose the electoral college.

We were warned. But it does not take the pain away.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Re Hillary set to receive more votes than any US presidential candidate in history except Obama -- Curious -- 2016-11-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re Hillary set to receive more votes than any US presidential candidate in history except Obama

Go to another board -