TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › caught on wrong visa
worried - 2016-11-24

i am posting on behalf of a friend I am worried about...

Short version: She has been caught working on the wrong visa. I am not in the same city as her but the info she is giving me sounds off. I have advised her to hand in her notice and leave BTW.

She has been to the police station 2/3 times, been interview, had details taken etc. Details in these interview have been made up at the request of her employers (they even told the police she is American but she isn't... After first interview/visit she was told she had to get the proper work permit or leave China

Then it starts getting a little odd to me - second or third visit to police station she was given a health check?? Which her boss has told her is for her work permit. I don't understand why the police would be doing this for her and also this person is only 19, no degree etc so clearly cannot legally get the visa or really one would think falsify the documents as she is too young to of graduated.

as mentioned above I have advised her to up and leave, all sounds very odd to me and her company just keep telling her everything is fine. The police have all her information now though. Keen to hear others thoughts as I have looked it up a little and can't see anything about this sort of thing happening to others - I am wondering if her company (who are giving her all this info) are just outright lying to her?? Clearly they are lying to some degree but the health check at the police station seems very odd. From what she tells me though the info that they are getting her the work permit is coming from the company not the police.

Like i said, if you have any idea what may be going on please reply, I am very worried about her especially as she is clearly on police records now.

I will speak to her and if she doesn't mind I will name and shame the company.

Messages In This Thread
caught on wrong visa -- worried -- 2016-11-24
Re caught on wrong visa -- Worried -- 2016-11-26
Re caught on wrong visa -- data boy -- 2016-11-26
Re caught on wrong visa -- amused -- 2016-11-24
Re caught on wrong visa -- John O'Shei -- 2016-11-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › caught on wrong visa

Go to another board -