TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Calling all good women and men....
amused - 2016-11-27
In response to Calling all good women and men.... (Curious)

I would be interested in the opinion of the evolved poster on this board (Amused, Heretosays,
Caring, etc) mostly those of you who are American: How do you deal,

Race, gender, sexual preference, age and religion are characteristics of individuals. For the most part, educated individuals struggle to avoid applying value judgements to individuals merely because they belong to one or more of these groups.

Citizenship is another label attached to individuals at birth. Geographic location at birth seems to me to be of even less substance than the five other labels we use as classifiers, but it is no less pernicious when used prejudiciously.

I was born Caucasian, Catholic, female, heterosexual in the United States, many years ago.

I do not consider myself genetically connected to White supremacists, pedophile priests, covens of witches, patriarchy, the Native American genocide, or Woodstock.

I judge myself on the basis of my personal behavior and its impact on other individuals. I try not to judge others, but when I do interact with another individual, I strive to disregard race, gender, sexual preference, age, religion and nationality.

Messages In This Thread
Calling all good women and men.... -- Curious -- 2016-11-27
Re Calling all good women and men.... -- juanisaac -- 2016-11-29
Re: Re Calling all good women and men.... -- Curious -- 2016-11-29
Re Calling all good women and men.... -- BeenThere -- 2016-11-27
Re Calling all good women and men.... -- amused -- 2016-11-27
Re Calling all good women and men.... -- heretosay -- 2016-11-29
Re Calling all good women and men.... -- Curious -- 2016-12-04
Re Calling all good women and men.... -- heretosay -- 2016-12-05
Re Calling all good women and men.... -- BeenThere -- 2016-12-05
Thousands of veterans converge on North Dakota to aid pipeline protest -- Curious -- 2016-12-04
Re Calling all good women and men.... -- amused -- 2016-11-29
Re Calling all good women and men.... -- Foxy -- 2016-12-04
Re Calling all good women and men.... -- Foxy -- 2016-11-29
Re: Re Calling all good women and men.... -- Curious -- 2016-11-27
Re: Re Calling all good women and men.... -- data boy -- 2016-11-27
Re: Re Calling all good women and men.... -- Fifi -- 2016-11-27
Re: Re Calling all good women and men.... -- amused -- 2016-11-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Calling all good women and men....

Go to another board -