TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Why I didn't......... - Teachers Discussion
Julia - 2006-10-16
In response to Marriage ?? - Teachers Discussion (Lynn)

Hey Lynn,
Thanks for your message back and to answer your question I never did apply for a Chinese ID. The reason being was that my ex husband was from Liaoning province and that is where we got married. Right after getting married we went back to Zhejiang province and when I did look into it I was told that I would have to do this in the province I got married in. Liaoning and Zhejiang are quite far and I really couldn't have been bothered to go back up there to do it. However I do know that being married doesn't change the need for you a foreigner to have to get a Z visa for work. I too looked into this and was told " you are still a foreigner and need the proper visa to work in China". I laughed too when I read your response back to Fishesl about having asked these questions at the Embassy and them not knowing. When I was opening a business in Shanghai I couldn't believe the responses I got and the misinformation I received from people. These were not just people off of the street but people who work in government and business sections. Very frustrating to say the least.....anyways take care and I hope everything works out for you in the end. Have a great day!!
Jules

Messages In This Thread
Marriage in China - Teachers Discussion -- Julia -- 2006-10-15
Marriage ?? - Teachers Discussion -- Lynn -- 2006-10-16
Why I didn't......... - Teachers Discussion -- Julia -- 2006-10-16
Thanks! - Teachers Discussion -- Lyn -- 2006-10-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Why I didn't......... - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -