TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re what a combo!
Foxy - 2016-12-10

Good company 'Ginsters' but oddly
enough Tesco and Sainsbury (same pie) steak pies are better than Ginster steak slices.

I'm not surprised to be honest. I remember 'back in the day', Ginsters did set a kind-of benchmark with awesome quality pies and pasties etc, so I guess it follows that the likes of Sainsburys and Tesco would have to come up with something pretty good.

With regard to what Migsy and Pigsy were saying about Mrs Mac's, I used to live a few km away from their factory in Perth, Western Australia.
The father of one of my daughter's high-school classmates was a baker, and he worked for them for a while. I remember him telling me that he'd never eat one because he saw what went into them. Some time after that, a complaint was made my some old lady that she'd actually found a mouse in her Mrs Mac's pie. Of course, the local tabloids lapped it up, and then this guy took great delight in telling all his mates 'I told ya, lol'

Puff pastry is easy to find in China. Taobao or Metro stores have the frozen stuff (too hard to make your own). Bit of chicken breast, mushrooms and some chicken stock are all you need to make the perfect chicken-and-mushroom pie. At least you KNOW what's in there.

Messages In This Thread
Re what a combo! -- Foxy -- 2016-12-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re what a combo!

Go to another board -