TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Your opinion about the School Reviews board
BeenThere - 2016-12-15

Sometimes I go through the latest posts of the Scam Alerts board and if I can, I write a few words that might help open the eyes of a naive teacher who WANTS to believe that the (Nigerian) job offer will truly give him US$7000/month + free apt in the heart of London with car, no diploma required, etc. Same for the Schools and Recruiters Reviews board. The main purpose of the Reviews board is to provide information to teachers who are interested in a specific school (e.g. Is that school a shit hole? Or is it kinda decent? Or has it improved in the last couple of years under new management? Or is no information available and if so, what does it mean? Is it a scam? etc.). On a regular basis, I read on the Reviews board posts by teachers, mostly new teachers, who are really wondering about specific schools, they want to know because they are in the process of applying for a job, it's kinda urgent for them to get as much info as they can in order to make an important decision in their life.

This site is quite good at allowing complaints against schools that would not often be allowed on some other well known ESL sites (where - for example - the schools advertise).

But the teachers have to go through dozens of posts - most or at least many of them interesting but that's beside the point - that have nothing to do with specific schools: Topics branch out as they do on the Forum. Which is OK for a Forum. But it can be frustrating and counter productive on the Reviews board. Do you think that the Reviews board should be used only for info on specific schools? Or at least as much as possible?

Messages In This Thread
Your opinion about the School Reviews board -- BeenThere -- 2016-12-15
Re Your opinion about the School Reviews board -- Foxy -- 2016-12-15
Re: Re Your opinion about the School Reviews board -- BeenThere -- 2016-12-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Your opinion about the School Reviews board

Go to another board -