TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: postive attitudes!
Foxy - 2016-12-17

Nine years married dear. 3 to 6 months with all the others.

OK, so that leads me into what I'm going to say to you now:

1. Women. Your obvious attitude towards Chinese women (as a whole) seems to be based on your own bad experiences. Like you, I have encountered many, many of the 'materialistic bitches' that you have described, yet I have also encountered many, many Chinese women who are kind, gentle, warm, loving, and don't give a rat's arse about money.

2. Training Centres. A good friend of mine, (who is a high school teacher), also works occasionally in a well-known training centre franchise.
He berates the owner for her attitude towards money, yet he's never encountered any problems with being paid on time, nor with his salary being 'wrong'. He LOVES the few classes he does there every week simply because he gets to teach students who WANT to be taught, as opposed to those who only want to sleep or play on their mobile phone throughout the whole class.

3. Wives. We've all had 'em, (well, at least most of us), and many people, especially in China, cannot understand why some of us don't want another.
In a recent class, (Grade 11), I was giving them a lesson on 'Relationships', and particularly paying attention to certain 'set-phrases' that we use in English. For example - 'Platonic relationship', 'one-night-stand', 'fling', 'significant other', etc etc etc.

At the end of the lesson I asked if they had any questions....foolish thing to do, lol.

I was first asked if I had a 'significant other', to which I replied 'No'.....well, that was it.......

After I dealt with all the 'why's' I then had to deal with students offering to help me FIND one.....Geez.....

Why is it that single guys, especially over the age of 40, are either pariah's, gay, or 'outcasts' if they want to remain single or prefer to enter into a short-term relationship rather than marriage?

Messages In This Thread
Re: postive attitudes! -- Foxy -- 2016-12-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: postive attitudes!

Go to another board -