TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › POLY SCHOOL SUCKS (TEACHING IN KOREA) - Teachers Discussion
Jay - 2006-10-22
In response to Korean Poly Schools (Loraine)

DO NOT TEACH AT POLY SCHOOLS IN KOREA!

Do a search for POLY School and you will find lists of negatives against them.

I already wrote my complaints about the school on one of those sites but something I forgot to include was that I was hired to be a TOEFL teacher. I had no teaching experience prior to coming to Korea. What they did was cut the TOEFL classes out of my schedule once the students found-out I was not familiar with TOEFL and cut my hours.

They also forged my contract and changed things around a lot. A heck of a lot different than from the contract I signed and sent to Korea to the head office. They basically took my original signature and put it onto a new one. Very bad and illegal.

Do your research on Korea schools, especially POLY. I will admit that they are probably one of the better schools in terms of management and treatment of teachers, but there are way better contracts and schools out there to sign with.

POLY is basically stealing material from other schools and learns as it goes along with the teachers they 'let go' or the ones who leave by doing the midnight run.

Again, DO NOT TEACH AT POLY. DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU GO! DO NOT HAVE MONEY SIGNS IN YOUR EYES BECAUSE YOU WILL BE VERY DISSAPOINTED HERE!

Messages In This Thread
Korean Poly Schools -- Loraine -- 2004-06-11
Re: Korean Poly Schools -- boots43 -- 2004-06-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › POLY SCHOOL SUCKS (TEACHING IN KOREA) - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -