TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Best Holiday Wishes to All the Election-Shocked Posters
Foxy - 2016-12-25

My apologies to Doonesbury for part of his cartoon of today Dec 25
http://www.gocomics.com/doonesbury but it's just too good, just so subtle: A strong
political statement that nobody who is not in political pain right now can't recognize
at all. As stealth as it comes....

Yes! I'm sure it's also quite 'fitting' for Brits who are lamenting the Brexit decision.

We are often asked to teach English idioms in the classroom and one that immediately springs to mind is: 'It's no use crying over spilt milk'

In less than a week, 2017 will be upon us. A new year; a new 'dawn'.

It's time to stop lamenting the past. It's time for people to stop holding their breath and waiting for the moment they can shout 'I told you so!' at the top of their lungs. What's done, is DONE! We cannot change it in the short-term.

Talking about issues as they arise is one thing, but constantly bitching about 'The Orange One' serves no purpose at all.

He's in the 'big chair' now. Let's see what he does and how he handles it. Just MHO.

Messages In This Thread
Best Holiday Wishes to All the Election-Shocked Posters -- BeenThere -- 2016-12-25
Re Best Holiday Wishes to All the Election-Shocked Posters -- Foxy -- 2016-12-25
A Salute to Barbara Boxer -- Arthur -- 2016-12-25
Re A Salute to Barbara Boxer -- Trump diplomacy -- 2016-12-26
Animal Rescue site -- Fifi -- 2016-12-25
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Best Holiday Wishes to All the Election-Shocked Posters

Go to another board -