TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
· Previous · Next Return to Index › I need to interview an esol teacher - Teachers Discussion *Link*
Sarah Moreau - 2006-10-26

Hello!
My name is Sarah Moreau and I am a sophomore at Florida Southern College. I am studying Music Education, and in one of my education classes, I am asked to interview an esol teacher and then write a report on what I have learned and what the responses were. If any esol teacher could e-mail me with answers to the following questions, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if you choose to help me, could you please include your name and the grade level you teach.
Thank you very much.
Sarah

1. How is a student entered into your ESOL program? Is there a standard test you make applicants take?

2. How many different languages (exluding english) do you know fluently, and use in the classroom?

3. Do you also teach the students about the American Culture as well as the language?

4. When teaching a student(s) english, do you typically start with teaching them to speak the language or read and/or write the language?

5. At a higher level of ESOL, do you teach the students common slang of the english language?

6. Do you teach your student phonetics of the english language?

7. How would approach teaching a class that contains different levels of english knowledge?

8. Does your school have ESOL teacher teach a class or do you teach students one-on-one?

9. Do you use the students' native language to explain different concepts to them?

10. How did you decide to become an ESOL teacher?

thank you so much again for your help! I truely appreciate it.
>\-|

· Previous · Next Return to Index › I need to interview an esol teacher - Teachers Discussion *Link*

Go to another board -