TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re "Success"
Foxy - 2017-01-02

Oh, Pigsy, you are soooo small minded..... You seem to stereotype people as to your own experiences.

I have one ex-colleague who is a complete disaster. He's worked as an ESL teacher in just about every country in the world; been fired from every job he's ever had; he even got kicked out of the army in his native country. A lovely, lovely guy, but he doesn't have a grip on reality.

He's extremely well-educated, he attended teacher-training college, and he's a joy to have an 'intellectual' conversation with. In short, he's an ideal candidate for a teaching job in a second year NES university. As far as ESL teaching is concerned, he's abysmal. He'll always get a job because of his qualifications and ability in English, yet his ability to TEACH ESL is so far removed from his own intellect that he will continue to be fired from every ESL teaching position he will ever hold.

As a result, he lives hand-to-mouth from month-to-month, year-to-year.

I have another colleague who is so 'laid-back' that he's almost horizontal. He teaches ESL according to his student's ability, and as a result, he's in high demand when it comes to private tuition. In less than 2 years he has saved over RMB300,000.

Now, whether or not he's working in private schools or crappy training centres, he really doesn't give a flying f*ck. His attitude is quite simple: You pay, I'll teach!.....he doesn't CARE where the money comes from, as long as he gets paid.

If the 'system' wants to play you, you need to learn to play the system.

It's never going to change..........play them at their own 'game' and stop whinging!

If life deals you lemons, make lemonade!

Messages In This Thread
Re "Success" -- Foxy -- 2017-01-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re "Success"

Go to another board -