TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re troll nourishment
Foxy - 2017-01-03
In response to Re: Re troll nourishment (heretosay)

Interesting that on BBC.com, at this very moment, Australia is listed as one of the most
hospitable of 55 countries from which those surveyed - 48,000 online responders in G8
countries - were to choose based on certain criteria.

It's true. However, what they don't tell you is how bloody expensive it is to live in Australia. For the last 4 years Aus has been listed as 'The most expensive country in the world to live'

We all know that the US$ is pretty much 'global currency', so if we use the US$ as a 'yardstick' and relate the cost-of-living in other countries to the US$, the results are surprising.....

Let's say that the US$ is 100%.....

Australia sits at a whopping 163% (so 63% more expensive than the US), whilst China sits at 55% (45% cheaper than the US).

The UK, Canada and New Zealand are around 111%, Malaysia 49%, India 30%, the list goes on.....

Australia is a stunningly beautiful country with clean air, wonderful beaches and a lovely climate. However, the PC Brigade are running at full-throttle and the government spends millions of dollars per year on 'fines enforcement'.

Pigsy gave a perfect example the other day when he cited someone being fined $160 for doing 4kph over the (zero-tolerance) speed limit.

A mate of mine was driving home from Perth airport at 4am. His car was less than 10 days old. Not a soul on the road, he changed lanes without indicating. Suddenly, from outer-space, the PC controlled police hit their blues-and-two's and pulled him over. When he protested, they put an 'unworthy for road use' sticker on his brand new car which meant it had to undergo an inspection that cost him $200. Add that to the $150 fine and that was $350 straight into government coffers.

Take 2 bottles of wine (instead of one) to the beach in Western Australia, or light up a cigarette 19 metres from the airport exit (instead of 20).............go on, I DARE you !

From what I've been told, Canada is even worse! I find that difficult to believe, but I have no desire to go there to find out.

Hail China.............we can do what the f*ck we like as long as we hurt no-one!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Re troll nourishment -- Curious -- 2016-12-31
Re: Re troll nourishment -- heretosay -- 2016-12-31
Re: Re troll nourishment -- Foxy -- 2017-01-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re troll nourishment

Go to another board -