TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: home cooked
Foxy - 2017-01-05
In response to Re: home cooked (BeenThere)

Don't know if you have a daughter, Foxy, but if you do, you do not want her to end up in the
street after the marriage fails, right.

Yes, I do. She also has two daughters.

When I first met my ex-wife, we rented a house together until such time as we had saved up enough money to put a deposit down on our own place. We bought it ourselves with no help from our parents.

When it was my daughter's turn, we paid the deposit on her house, she got the mortgage, and she makes the payments every month.

When I was young, my father was constantly trying to teach me 'the value of money' - a phrase that I didn't understand for a very long time.

Once the proverbial 'penny' dropped, (no pun intended), I knew exactly what he was trying to teach me, and when my kids came along, I was able to teach them the same thing.

Young people in China, who get handed everything on a 'plate', have no idea as the true 'value-of-money'. One young person I know, who earns RMB4000 per month, makes RMB5000 monthly payments on her car (with Daddy's help). Why? Because she just HAD to have the particular car she wanted, rather than buy a cheaper one within her means.

Perfect case on highlighting Pigsy's attitude towards Chinese women - though I seriously doubt this is unique to China. Thailand has its fair share of money-grabbing women who also have no idea as to the 'value-of-money'.

Messages In This Thread
Re: home cooked -- Foxy -- 2017-01-04
Re: home cooked -- BeenThere -- 2017-01-04
Re: home cooked -- Foxy -- 2017-01-05
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: home cooked

Go to another board -