TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Over optimistic KJ? - Teachers Discussion
Bill - 2006-11-03

KJ, somehow I'm not so optimistic about the future, as you.

Although, you make good points regarding the superiority of the standard teacher in the classroom situation over that of the cyber. It assumes that the quality of the teachers are equal. However, the online scenario makes good teachers very accessible.

Your view seems to suggest that innovation & creativity in the approach to online teaching would be restricted to a capable few. That may be so, but the same scenario would apply as above i.e. creativity & innovation would be more accessible.

All in all, I don't think it would be a choice between quality and reduced costs. It could very well be greater quality at a reduced cost.

I'm inclined to think it will go the way of other occupations that can be reduced to bits and sent over a fast network, e.g. programming. The final logic being more for less.

Anybody else with opinions on this?

Messages In This Thread
End of livable earnings for ESL teachers? - Teachers Discussion -- Bill -- 2006-10-31
re: end of earnings - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2006-11-01
Over optimistic KJ? - Teachers Discussion -- Bill -- 2006-11-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Over optimistic KJ? - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -