TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: problem
Foxy - 2017-01-08
In response to Re: problem (Trump diplomacy)

Yes, I'm sick.

No-one is now in any doubt.

I wondered how it is possible that
educated individuals, 'teachers', can actually commit the most important decisions of
their life, their parenting responsibility, to anonymous public debate.

It was a SCHOOL that Taffy was talking about......sending his daughter off to a SCHOOL ! Not exactly the same as discussing her potential joining of ISIS !

I simply could not believe that an actual parent could post pictures of his daughter, her
abysmal diet, dangerous and dismal living conditions and then actually muse about the
impact of her same sex boarding school with internet strangers.

Abysmal diet? One meal is hardly a 'diet'. When my son was growing up, his favourite 'meal' was a can of hot-dog sausages and a packet of bread rolls. That was his weekly 'treat' as far as he was concerned. He was only allowed to indulge on the proviso he ate more 'healthy' food during the rest of the week.

Dangerous and dismal living conditions? How do you figure that one out?

Internet strangers? Arguably so, but many of the regular posters here feel quite comfortable discussing certain topics between each other without fear of being judged too harshly, at least IMHO.

Children deserve privacy and protection? To a certain degree. Look at what all the 'privacy and protection' has done to many kids in China....it's turned them into spoiled brats who have no consideration for anyone but themselves. Kids need to know that there is a REAL WORLD outside their barricaded apartment door.

My post was an attempt to express this distress. I would NEVER post personal information
about my children on the internet.

Your distress? Epic FAIL! All you did was cause unnecessary distress to the posters on this board who were foolish enough to actually CARE!

I'm not surprised that my intent was lost on most posters.

It wasn't ! At least not for most of us. The sad fact remains that even though it was blindingly obvious to most of us, there was just a teeny-weeny nagging feeling that you MAY have been telling the truth.

And I'm saddened that posters could believe that the internet is an appropriate forum for matters of familial intimacy.

It isn't. The 'Internet' isn't. However, certain discussion boards are NOT seen as being 'The Internet' per se. They may be ON the Internet, but there are many, many discussion boards where this type of chat is prevalent. By posting pictures of himself and Esther, Taffy is no longer as 'anonymous' as he was. You, on the other hand, remain 'anonymous' as to your true identity. Therefore discussing such 'issues' is akin to discussing them in the third-person.

Yes, I'm sick.

Yes, you are! What's more, the poster known simply as 'Trump diplomacy' is now dead as far as I am concerned. I seriously doubt that any of the regular posters here will mourn your passing nor attend your 'funeral'.

Messages In This Thread
Re: problem -- Foxy -- 2017-01-07
Re: problem -- Trump diplomacy -- 2017-01-07
Re: problem -- Foxy -- 2017-01-08
Re: problem -- Trump diplomacy -- 2017-01-08
Re: problem -- Foxy -- 2017-01-08
Re: problem -- Curious -- 2017-01-07
Re: problem -- BeenThere -- 2017-01-07
Re: problem -- Trump diplomacy -- 2017-01-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: problem

Go to another board -