TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: problem
Trump diplomacy - 2017-01-08
In response to Re: problem (Foxy)

The 'Internet' isn't. However, certain discussion boards are NOT seen as being 'The
Internet' per se. They may be ON the Internet, but there are many, many discussion
boards where this type of chat is prevalent. By posting pictures of himself and Esther,
Taffy is no longer as 'anonymous' as he was. You, on the other hand, remain 'anonymous'
as to your true identity. Therefore discussing such 'issues' is akin to discussing them
in the third-person.

This is the crux of the issue that I failed in attempting to address.

There is no actual community online. The 'real' Turnoi and Daffy and Foxy are composites of postings that individuals can, and often do, weave into what they believe are actual people. We engage in fantasy and narrative creation of all types to fill the void in our actual lives. As adults we certainly have the right to do that. I would hope that adults are aware that they are engaging in fantasy when they post online, but apparently many believe in this sense of 'community'. If you are 'outraged' or 'hurt' by 'Trump Diplomacy', you should consider how you view your online 'relationships'.

Children however are not participants in this fantasy play and too often they are victims. Posting documentary information and pictures of children online for 'communities' of anonymous posters is dangerous. Parents should know better. I consider these parents worthy of rebuke. And moderators should refuse those postings.

We're not in Facebook anymore, Dorothy. We can't block anyone.

Messages In This Thread
Re: problem -- Foxy -- 2017-01-07
Re: problem -- Trump diplomacy -- 2017-01-07
Re: problem -- Foxy -- 2017-01-08
Re: problem -- Trump diplomacy -- 2017-01-08
Re: problem -- Foxy -- 2017-01-08
Re: problem -- Curious -- 2017-01-07
Re: problem -- BeenThere -- 2017-01-07
Re: problem -- Trump diplomacy -- 2017-01-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: problem

Go to another board -