TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re FTs in China, take heart: "6 in 10 Americans don't have $500 in savings"
Foxy - 2017-01-12

Been trying not to read the news in the last week, but now going into full hibernation until
the day after January 20.

Awww, you should do, it's fun, lol! I LOVE watching the news and learning how Trump is being blamed for everything, especially on CNN (Clinton News Network). Apparently, a recent poll showed that a staggering 6% of Americans actually BELIEVE what they hear on CNN right now.

Despite the reservations of the crying libtards on this board, the stock market is up 1000 points, consumer-confidence is returning, and, for the first time in years, there's a sense of the old 'feelgood-factor' creeping back in to the minds of the American people.

That said, I really don't think that you are the only one going 'into full hibernation'. Many people are counting the days until January 20th. It's not only Americans, but people all over the world that are looking forward to the best night's sleep they've had in decades - the night of January 20th.

As for 60% of Americans not having savings of $500, that is extremely sad. Not only sad, but also proof of the legacy left by Bush and Obama.

If America is anything like Australia, then the people are taxed on the air that they breathe. You cannot move without someone spying on you, waiting for you to do something 'wrong' so they have an excuse to fine you.

Meanwhile, American news-anchors, journalists and politicians are unable to say the word 'China', in any context, without putting the word 'Communist' before it. Communist China this, communist China that.....It's as if 'communist' is somehow a 'dirty' or derogatory word.

It may be becoming more difficult for foreigners to live and work in China, but at least we are generally accepted by most Chinese people and not persecuted by policemen hiding behind a bush with a speed camera.

Pigsy's Pattaya, on the other hand, is in a country where ex-pats ARE persecuted. Both the authorities and the locals would much prefer it if planes carrying Western people simply flew over Thai airspace and threw their wallets and purses out of the plane. That way they get our tourist dollars without having to tolerate us. It has become 'the norm' in Thailand to find yet another Western 'suicide', almost on a daily basis now.

Suicide is so easy to prove in Thailand. There's a knock at your hotel-room door, you open the door and people force their way in. You are then robbed, murdered, tossed over the balcony (or left bleeding to death in bed), and as the perpetrators leave your room, they just 'click' and lock the door behind them. Police arrive, door is locked from the inside, therefore = suicide!

Pattaya Plunge / Phuket Flop / Bangkok Bounce - who cares what 'name' they give it. It's these poor 50 + year olds, 'spurned' by their Thai 'lover' and have nothing to live for that 'commit suicide' at such an alarming rate. Oh, Bless them !

Girls, sorry, pigs, are trained to have 'skills' since the age of 14, and by the time they become bar girls they have had more pricks than a second-hand dartboard. The 'age-of-consent' varies from 14-21 depending on how the arresting officer feels it should be on that particular day, and how much bribe-money he needs.

Talking of which, Pigsy must be reeling today. Apparently another 'under-age-sex bar' in Pattaya has just been closed.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/963033-pattaya-under-age-sex-bar-busted/

Working in Thailand and saving money is about as impossible as it is in America, Australia, UK, etc. On a reasonable teaching salary in China it is possible to save around $1500 per month quite easily. I drink, smoke, have all the 'pleasures' in life that I want, and it never costs me more than 30% of my monthly salary.

I'd much rather tolerate the bureaucratic bullshit in China than I would the 'trappings' of Thailand or the police persecution in the UK or Australia. Being buried beneath an avalanche of incompetence (by school 'leaders') is a fair swap for having the ability to save a few bucks every month.

After all, it's not 'forever'!

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re FTs in China, take heart: "6 in 10 Americans don't have $500 in savings"

Go to another board -