TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re So reassuring: US not going to invade Mexico
Trump diplomacy - 2017-02-03

Human rights, for example, is a topic that's going to haunt
China for a long time, but Germany's terrible reputation on that subject has long
disappeared.

Interesting observation.
I would add that it seems that much of the German population is aware of their tragic brutal history. Unfortunately, few U.S. citizens are aware of the long imperialist history of U.S. military invasions and covert destabilization of democratically elected government, a list too long to post. Keeping the U.S. population in the dark with delusions of "American Exceptionalism" continues and is remarkably successful. A 3rd world educational system, a corporate media, and a political system of capital cronyism empower this deceit.

I've been in China over a decade, and I am not truly aware of what percentage of the Chinese people are 'haunted' by China's own human rights shortcomings. It seems to me that most are satisfied to pursue the new car, new house, and enormous flat screen TV that was the sum of the U.S. populace's concerns during my father's generation in the years from 1945 thru 1965. Future generation of Chinese, once their material needs are taken for granted, will likely pose problems for the Communist party, as my peers did for the U.S. in the late 60s and 70s.

I'm quite sure that the Chinese leaders are aware of this, which explains their diligent attempts to control social media and college campuses.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Re So reassuring: US not going to invade Mexico -- Foxy -- 2017-02-02
Re: Re So reassuring: US not going to invade Mexico -- heretosay -- 2017-02-03
Re: Re So reassuring: US not going to invade Mexico -- BeenThere -- 2017-02-03
Re: Re So reassuring: US not going to invade Mexico -- Fifi -- 2017-02-03
Re: Re So reassuring: US not going to invade Mexico -- Trump diplomacy -- 2017-02-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re So reassuring: US not going to invade Mexico

Go to another board -