TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › New Oriental Language Schools - Teachers Discussion
jim - 2006-11-24

I work for two different New Oriental Schools. I have worked at New Oriental Elite English in Beijing since Sept of 2005. New Oriental is listed on the New York Stock Exchange [EDU] and is the largest private language school in China. I also work for New Oriental College of Applied English in Langfang,which is about an hour and a half by van from where I live in Beijing. I receive two different pay checks from New Oriental which are deposited into two different bank acct's they opened for me. They subtract Chinese taxes from my wages which are based upon number of hours worked. They have schools all over China. I have never had any problems working for New Oriental. However, I don't rely upon them for visa assistance. I am able to fill out my own visa documents and submit them to the Chinese authorities on my own. In addition there are many private companies providing visa assistance. I originally entered China on a "L" viusitor visa which was good for 30 days and which I was able to renew twice for a total of 60 days. After that I received a business "F" visa.

I hope this information is useful to you.

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › New Oriental Language Schools - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -