TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › The conspiracy of the old conservative white males: the Vatican
Arthur - 2017-02-07

Yesterday, I posted about the conservatives in Rome publicly (but anonymously) attacking the too liberal pope:
http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/forum/index.pl?read=128680

And today I read this:

ROME — When Stephen K. Bannon was still heading Breitbart News, he went to the Vatican to cover the canonization of John Paul II and make some friends. High on his list of people to meet was an archconservative American cardinal, Raymond Burke, who had openly clashed with Pope Francis.

In one of the cardinal’s antechambers, amid religious statues and book-lined walls, Cardinal Burke and Mr. Bannon — who is now President Trump’s anti-establishment eminence — bonded over their shared worldview. They saw Islam as threatening to overrun a prostrate West weakened by the erosion of traditional Christian values, and viewed themselves as unjustly ostracized by out-of-touch political elites.

The old dinosaurs (including trump) know that their era is coming to an end because of demography. At the Vatican, I can imagine their secret meetings in dark rooms, with nuns bringing tea and cookies (but the bottle of scotch is not far)... A modern version of the da vinci code.

I join any anti-trump demonstration I can join in LA these days.

Messages In This Thread
The conspiracy of the old conservative white males: the Vatican -- Arthur -- 2017-02-07
Re The conspiracy of the old conservative white males: the Vatican -- Foxy -- 2017-02-08
Re: Re The conspiracy of the old conservative white males: the Vatican -- Arthur -- 2017-02-08
Re: Re The conspiracy of the old conservative white males: the Vatican -- Foxy -- 2017-02-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › The conspiracy of the old conservative white males: the Vatican

Go to another board -