TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Asian beaches
ProfessorTCM - 2017-02-14

It's something I still can't get past - the utter contempt for nature and homeland.

We once took a trip to the South China Sea (or a Bay i suppose) in and around Qinzhou and while the main tourist-serving beach was fairly tidy and clean the 'people's beaches' were just disgusting. Firepits strewn with bottles and lots of broken bottles. You'd literally bleed to death if you didn't wear solid soled shoes packaging, plastic, every kind of wrapper or cans. Rotten food was everywhere. Whatever leftovers or bones or unwanted beach snacks were just rotting away in the sun.

This doesn't get to what was washing up on shore. I won't blame the beachgoers for what looked to be shipping container accidents, shampoo bottles, make-up, all kinds of bottles (some full or half full of products).

But the beaches were absolutely disgusting and add to that you'd see kids shitting or pissing and then of course locals loudly spitting phlegm anywhere they pleased. Flicked cigarette butts were easily the very least of offenses.

What kind of contempt is required for people to treat their own land and scenery like that? What kind of shitty hatred is needed? Is there even a point where you have to ask if they could be brain damaged?

Even a dog was seen taking a dump and knew to go to the tree line AND then tried to bury his dog poop afterwards, as if a bit embarrassed to dirty the place up. A dog knew that much.

Messages In This Thread
Re Asian beaches -- ProfessorTCM -- 2017-02-14
Re Asian beaches -- In The Know -- 2017-02-14
Re: Re Asian beaches -- Arthur -- 2017-02-14
Re: Re Asian beaches -- Trump diplomacy -- 2017-02-15
Re: Re Asian beaches -- Wu -- 2017-02-17
Re: Re Asian beaches -- Simon -- 2017-02-15
Re: Re Asian beaches -- Trump diplomacy -- 2017-02-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Asian beaches

Go to another board -