TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich
Arthur - 2017-03-15

"In my humble opinion, the infection of U.S. society has progressed beyond political change": Food for thought. I once corresponded with a seasoned journalist who explained to me that Republicans and Democrats, in many-many regards, are the same. As you say.

But not in all regards: Liberals cringe way too much when they watch the news since the election. There are many fundamental values that differ between the two groups.

What I personally know about your "beyond political change" is what I intuitively feel about the divide in the US at the moment. Since the Nov 8 election, I have broken (nicely, gently though) decades-old relationships because I can't take my (ex) friends' conservative ideas: They cut me to the bone. I hurt when I am with them and I hurt afterwards because their ideas and words play in my mind as I find myself mentally arguing with them while washing the dishes or making the beds. It had to stop; I don't consciously tolerate the divide inside my own psyche (or as little as possible). And I don't care at all if my conservative ex friends feel the same towards me: It's OK. What is not OK is the communication between us that bring the "clashes of civilizations". The solution is no more communication. I assume it is the same with most people in the country (stats say so and I observe the same in the media): The divide is not temporary, it's not artificial, it's not superficial. It's not something that a good bottle of wine can push aside. It's real. It's deep. It's unconditional (except maybe in the case of an alien or a Russian invasion where we would automatically and quickly reunite). And it's here to stay.

I am curious about your mention of revolution. I know it happened in 1775-83 but, then, America was like an adolescent looking for his identity. Today America is an old man on a sofa watching TV. How could a revolution happen to/with/from/by such fat (with a large proportion of obesity) and comfort-addicted people? We are no 1970s Belfast.

Messages In This Thread
Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- Fifi -- 2017-03-14
Life is not easy when you don't represent the majority -- Latina in LA -- 2017-03-24
A serious danger in our time: Trumpism’s attack on reality -- Curious -- 2017-03-21
Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- Arthur -- 2017-03-20
Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- Fifi -- 2017-03-17
Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- BeenThere -- 2017-03-15
Re: Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- Curious -- 2017-03-15
America is business of Americans -- workshy finder general -- 2017-03-15
Re: America is business of Americans -- Fifi -- 2017-03-15
Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- Silverboy -- 2017-03-15
Re: Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- Fifi -- 2017-03-15
Re: Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- Silverboy -- 2017-03-15
Re: Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- Fifi -- 2017-03-15
Re: Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- Silverboy -- 2017-03-15
Re: Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- Simon -- 2017-03-15
Re: Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- BeenThere -- 2017-03-15
Re: Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- Curious -- 2017-03-15
Re: Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- heretosay -- 2017-03-15
Re: Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- Silverboy -- 2017-03-16
Re: Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- Arthur -- 2017-03-15
Re: Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- BeenThere -- 2017-03-15
Re: Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- Latina in LA -- 2017-03-15
Re: Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- Silverboy -- 2017-03-16
Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- FTinPRC -- 2017-03-15
Re: Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- Arthur -- 2017-03-15
Re: Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich -- FTinPRC -- 2017-03-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re Orange Hood is stealing money from the poor to give to the rich

Go to another board -