TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › In general, are men superior orators? Do they have more charisma than women?
JayESLinSanFran - 2017-03-20

I was watching the House Hearing this morning on Russian interference in the US election. Although I still have not forgiven James Comey for what he TWICE did to Hillary's campaign, I found him an eloquent witness, pleasant to listen to and to watch. Same for many of the House Reps. Very often, the hearing was a riveting exchange of pointed questions and pointed answers, all spoken politely, equal to equal. The "check and balance" in its most glamorous ball gowns, the Greta Garbo of powerful legal considerations exchanged quickly and convincingly. An intellectual tennis game worth of Wimbledon.

But when the female Reps were talking, they were dull, they were off focus, they were just reading long lists of facts in a school-teacher-type of accusatory tone of voice. Their voices did not express authority or concision, many of them did not even ask questions to Comey. And when they did, he had to reply that he was not in a position to comment on such matters. The women were not eloquent. They were reading from their papers as if they did not have a brain for the "street fighting" that the male reps were able to do with Comey and Admiral Rogers (who was also good).

Even when I listen to Elizabeth Warren, whom I highly respect, I don't feel the punch, the incision, the will to win, the will to kill the arguments of the opponent. I just hear a good mother trying to put some sense in the brain of her junkie son. Call me a misogynist pig, I take it. But I would also like to understand: Its it me, or is it that most women don't have charisma? Like, does Hillary have charisma?

Messages In This Thread
In general, are men superior orators? Do they have more charisma than women? -- JayESLinSanFran -- 2017-03-20
Re In general, are men superior orators? Do they have more charisma than women? -- Fifi -- 2017-03-24
Re In general, are men superior orators? Do they have more charisma than women? -- Latina in LA -- 2017-03-21
Re: In general, are men superior orators? Do they have more charisma than women? -- Fifi -- 2017-03-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › In general, are men superior orators? Do they have more charisma than women?

Go to another board -