TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re big fat money men: the Taipei connection, haha
Silverboy - 2017-04-03

Thanks for the question. First of all, Pattaya is a strange place. Women are more fussy than they used to be. Also, you have those women who want to get out of Thailand and those who don't, those who want to be close to their families.

There is a stereotype that bar girls will just go with any man who comes into her bar. That is mostly not true. If a girl really likes a "customer" and this is where lines can start to blur, she will be all over that particular man. Mostly, Thai bar girls don't like Arabs and Indians, and Chinese to a lesser extent, but her refusal can apply equally to any Western man.

She will say directly, "I want to go with you" and put her arms around you and wants you to play with her hair. She will want to see you again and again, sometimes for a lesser fee, then for nothing. One guy or group of guys might go into a bar and be totally ignored. Eventually one of the guys or bar girls will start chatting after they order some beers. Then a girl might say "you can bar fine me if you want". That means she will go with you, but she is not really interested in you, there in no "attraction at first sight" in other words. I have been in bars where I was totally ignored before, others where a girl was all over me. I seem to attract chubby and full figured girls with long hair for some reason, which is fine with me, I like that anyway. The "stunners" the "trophy bar girls" in a-go-go's usually don't like me. Like men, Thai women like different things. Some like men who are very muscular, others like athletic guys, some like guys who are a bit chubby, bald, and fat. A sense of humor and smile helps a lot also.

The "bar girl really likes a customer" scenario is where a serious relationship could develop and she may leave the bar forever for that particular guy. You would have to trust though that she has really left and is not doing part-time on the side. Just like she needs to trust that her man is not seeing other girls. Another way to meet a girl for "serious" is to look in normal Thai massage shops where only non-sexual services are offered. I've been to a lot of them, you can have a manicure and pedicure in there also. I like the girls in there. They are quite cheap and quiet places, so if one was to go there three times a week for a massage with the same girl a relationship could develop I feel.

Other guys who want "regular" Pattaya girls try to hook up with them during the day in shopping malls on Beach Rd. They are quite approachable, nearly all can speak English, and they are happy to date foreigners.

As for older bar girls, yes, those in late 30's who just sell drinks and are now "non-scene" are more interested in having a long term foreign boyfriend, as most Thai guys are not interested in them.

One thing these couples I mentioned often agree to do is to go to the hospital and have a full STD test before they live together. It cost about 1000 baht and takes two hours. Then they can make love naturally and not have to worry about any contraception, unless the girl does not want to get pregnant however.

Messages In This Thread
big fat money men: the Taipei connection, haha -- Fan of Silverboy -- 2017-03-24
Re big fat money men: the Taipei connection, haha -- Alias Taffy -- 2017-03-29
Re big fat money men: the Taipei connection, haha -- Silverboy -- 2017-03-30
Re big fat money men: the Taipei connection, haha -- FTinPRC -- 2017-03-31
Re big fat money men: the Taipei connection, haha -- Silverboy -- 2017-04-03
Re big fat money men: the Taipei connection, haha -- Alias Taffy -- 2017-03-30
Re big fat money men: the Taipei connection, haha -- Silverboy -- 2017-04-03
Re big fat money men: the Taipei connection, haha -- expat hubby -- 2017-04-03
Re big fat money men: the Taipei connection, haha -- Alias Taffy -- 2017-03-30
Re big fat money men: the Taipei connection, haha -- Silverboy -- 2017-04-04
Re big fat money men: the Taipei connection, haha -- Alias Taffy -- 2017-04-04
Re big fat money men: the Taipei connection, haha -- FTinPRC -- 2017-03-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re big fat money men: the Taipei connection, haha

Go to another board -