TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Actually, I gave it up....for now - Teachers Discussion
Rheno747 - 2007-01-25

You must have missed it in my post. My bad, as I don't think I made it clear. I don't do the TESOL thing anymore. And I won't be doing it again until I get a master's degree in TESOL, you dig?

The purpose of my post was/is the same purpose as all my posts. I want to let those in the new in on the things that no one will tell them when they are first starting out, such as a master's degree in TESOL is "where it's at", especially in a country like South Korea.

If one has a mere bachelor's degree with a TESOL cert/diploma, he/she will be limited to jobs that either have low pay or have him teaching brat kids. This is true MOST of the time. Some of us do get lucky and land those cherry uni/college TESOL jobs without the master's.

After reading all the help-wanteds on daveseslcafe.com, I'd say most TESOL grunts have the same preferences as I. Most of the jobs advertised there are of the "teaching brats" variety, which is the reason those jobs ARE advertised there. Nobody with a non-education BS and a TESOL wants to teach brats. If newbies don't know this starting out, it won't take long for most to figure it out. Babysitting rich kids is a drag, as is getting paid chicken feed after dropping pretty pennies on a TESOL cert and a plane ticket to the TESOL cert/diploma program.

Messages In This Thread
TESOL certificates vs Graduate Diplomas - Teachers Discussion -- johnboy -- 2007-01-21
In response to Rheno - Teachers Discussion -- johnboy -- 2007-01-23
Actually, I gave it up....for now - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2007-01-25
none - Teachers Discussion -- johnboy -- 2007-01-26
Hmmmm - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2007-01-29
My own take - Teachers Discussion -- Rheno747 -- 2007-01-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Actually, I gave it up....for now - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -