TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Apartment Safety - Teachers Discussion
KS - 2007-03-04

I saw this article on Dave's and I felt that it too is well worth to have here too. It was written by Dianna. I am wondering what has the experience of others been here when it comes to safety in your apartment? The Chinese view foreigner's property totally differnet in my experience here and have no shame in "having a look" into your apartment or bags and taking things. So read and think about how safe you are not here!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whenever we travel, we follow the same procedure - all lights off, appliances unplugged, all room doors shut, front door triple locked. Upon return from Spring Festival travel, we came home to a single locked door, living room light on, computer on, bedroom doors open and master bedroom armiore doors open. We were livid.

After a thorough investigation, we discovered that nothing was missing. It is pretty sick knowing someone has invaded your privacy. YUCK!!!!! Just knowing that a stranger may have looked at your family photos and other personal items that are nobodys business makes my stomach turn!

I try to look at the goodness people possess, but I also hate having to look over my shoulder! We have a teenage daughter here and now she is feeling insecure. Shouldn't kids want to sleep with a teddy bear and not brass knuckles? (25 RMB)

Sorry folks, but I had to vent this issue. I am having a hard time going to sleep at night wondering if someone is going to come in uninvited...... but, it would be to their disadvantage because both my husband and I are ex-military and ex-police officers......

Messages In This Thread
Apartment Safety - Teachers Discussion -- KS -- 2007-03-04
Not at all suprised - Teachers Discussion -- Eagle -- 2007-03-04
Apartment Invasion - Teachers Discussion -- ks_1976 -- 2007-03-05
Thanks! -- more thoughts... - Teachers Discussion -- Eagle -- 2007-03-05
Apartment Invasion - Teachers Discussion -- Wendy -- 2007-03-05
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Apartment Safety - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -