TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Not at all suprised - Teachers Discussion
Eagle - 2007-03-04

Thanks KS, for posting the article on this site. I realize how cynical I must sound, but I'm not at all surpised by the story. I've been in China almost four years and NOTHING suprises me anymore! In my opinion, foreign teachers are not treated with any true level of dignity and respect here.

We are controlled like zoo animals brought out for display as a chance to make money for others. I'm sure the person(s) who used the apartment was told to make to appear that no one had been there, but of course being such a person, they screwed up!

The REAL problem here is that the person who sanctioned/allowed this invasion to happen probably felt they were perfectly within their rights to let some stranger use the apartment when the foreigners were away.

This is not a country were professional or personal ethics are taught, respected, or upheld. Anything goes here for those who have a little power (or keys).

If you are looking for honor and respect, dignity, safety, integrity, ethical behavior, then stay as far away from China as possible!!!

Messages In This Thread
Apartment Safety - Teachers Discussion -- KS -- 2007-03-04
Not at all suprised - Teachers Discussion -- Eagle -- 2007-03-04
Apartment Invasion - Teachers Discussion -- ks_1976 -- 2007-03-05
Thanks! -- more thoughts... - Teachers Discussion -- Eagle -- 2007-03-05
Apartment Invasion - Teachers Discussion -- Wendy -- 2007-03-05
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Not at all suprised - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -