TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Apartment Invasion - Teachers Discussion
Wendy - 2007-03-05

I have been here in China like Eagle for a few year and I too like Eagle am surprised by very little that happens in regards to everything esp what happens in my apartment. When I worked in Xian, the Chinese runner that took care of the problems that always happened in our apartments was known to eat our food and this complained to the Chinese and foreign manager on more than one occasion, he would watch your DVDs and take a nap on your sofa (he was caught doing this too) but nothing was ever done to him (he must have been well connected). I once had my foreign manager (an American) go through my things as he gave me a report of what I had and I was taken aback by his gall in doing this and of his telling me what he had done;. I guess he thought it was normal thing to do. But now I am here in Jinan where we have .cleaning lady who is excellent (well I think so) and she never touches anything or looks through a thing I guess she has seen it all in her years of cleaning westerners apartments.. She is really rarity and a jewel of a person.

So while here in China you have no privacy no matter where you are. For some reason the Chinese will go through your life with that fine tooth comb. They have double standards when it comes to dealing with a westerner..

Messages In This Thread
Apartment Safety - Teachers Discussion -- KS -- 2007-03-04
Not at all suprised - Teachers Discussion -- Eagle -- 2007-03-04
Apartment Invasion - Teachers Discussion -- ks_1976 -- 2007-03-05
Thanks! -- more thoughts... - Teachers Discussion -- Eagle -- 2007-03-05
Apartment Invasion - Teachers Discussion -- Wendy -- 2007-03-05
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Apartment Invasion - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -