TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › no degree: good luck - Teachers Discussion
KJ - 2007-03-27
In response to degree - Teachers Discussion (John)

If you do not hold a degree, your chances of getting a job with a reputable organization are pretty slim. This means that you could likely find yourself in a position wherein you have been hired for no other reason than that you are a native speaker. Furthermore, if you are hired, it will no doubt be by someone who has chosen to skirt the law or who has found a way to circumnavigate the law. Either way you could find yourself in a situation that could ultimately prove to be, well, shall we say, not very pleasant.

So, good luck. But meanwhile, if you'll pardon my curiosity, why have you chosen to teach in China when, by your own admission, you don't have the qualifications to do so? Do you have teaching experience of any kind? Have you done volunteer literacy work at home? Have you worked with immigrants in any capacity? In short, what prior experiences do you have that makes you believe that Chinese students will benefit by your presence in the classroom? I don't ask you these questions as a means of insulting you. No, I'm really curious about what has motivated you to choose this path; moreover, I'm curious as to why you have chosen China. Is it because you have a particular interest in China? I mean, why not Thailand or Laos for example.

Messages In This Thread
Teaching in China w/o Degree - Teachers Discussion -- J. Edgar -- 2007-03-01
Teaching without a degree - Teachers Discussion -- Dave -- 2007-03-02
Degree Law - Teachers Discussion -- J. Edgar -- 2007-03-02
degree - Teachers Discussion -- John -- 2007-03-27
no degree: good luck - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2007-03-27
The Law is the Law - Even in China! - Teachers Discussion -- Dave -- 2007-03-03
Without Degree - Teachers Discussion -- University Teacher -- 2007-03-04
without degree - teachers discussion - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Leslie -- 2007-03-04
China/Degree - Teachers Discussion -- Foreign Teacher -- 2007-03-05
without degree - teachers discussion - Teachers Discussion -- Leslie -- 2007-03-06
Let's Degree to Dis-degree - Teachers Discussion -- Foreign Teacher -- 2007-03-06
China : Rough plasce to work - Teachers Discussion -- Tim. -- 2007-03-04
Finding the Law - Teachers Discussion -- J. Edgar -- 2007-03-04
No Degree Required - Teachers Discussion -- Foreign Teacher -- 2007-03-04
Without a Degree - Teachers Discussion -- University Teacher -- 2007-03-03
Teaching without a degree - Teachers Discussion - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Leslie -- 2007-03-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › no degree: good luck - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -