TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › not at all fish - Teachers Discussion
KJ - 2007-03-30

Hey Fish, I didn't mean to imply that your writing was overly wordy, nor was it my intention to suggest that your tongue in cheek, mimical use of the word "crap" was excessive or uncalled for. In fact I always enjoy your posts and do not find them irrelevant. I was a little surprised however that you allowed yourself to be sucked into a verbal sparring contest with one new poster here whose posts often leave me wondering where said person learned English, and often leave me a bit dizzy from the effort of trying to find the actual meaning.

In fact Fish, I would be highly disappointed to find that you had abandoned this forum and believe that your advice and insight are given from an informed and impartial perch. Moreover, the article about writing that I pasted into one of my recent posts harkened me back to the time, not long ago, when your own posts suggested the same thing - that clarity can be achieved through simplicity. Of course we all stray from what we know to be the truth of that advice - sometimes we just can't avoid wandering down those tempting paths where the twists and turns of the English language can take us. Even still I find your posts well worth reading. Furthermore, I know that you are your own worst critic - as am I.

So, how are your classes going? All is well I hope.

Messages In This Thread
not at all fish - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2007-03-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › not at all fish - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -