TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Need to get rid of a teacher
Von_Seldinick - 2007-04-24

Hello. I'm new here, and I thought I'd drop a post by you guys. I'll get to the point and save you the details.

I need to get rid of a fellow teacher. I, an American white guy, started at my school in South Korea about two months ago. I was hired on and all was well at first. Unfortunately, the school thought adding yet another American was a "good idea", as did I. About one month ago it did just that and added an American woman to our ranks.

During the hiring process, a process that was grossly inadequate in my opinion, my boss asked me for my opinion of this lady. "Should we hire her?" he asked. "Yes, she is probably fine," I, the naive, well-intentioned bloke I am, answered. So we did. No calls to previous employers, no records checks back in the USA. Nothing. Mistake, mistake, mistake.

Come to find out, this person takes anxiety medication....because she really DOES need it. So far she's been "late" taking it, and what an experience it is putting up with her BS. I cringe to think what she'll be like if she ever runs dry of these meds.

In short, I don't want to put up with her. I want her gone. I can't see myself enduring a year with this head case. I don't have to, and I'm not.

Any ideas on how I can get this creature fired without her being aware I was involved. Help me out here, people. I know, I know. I should have called her previous employers here in Korea for references before saying "Yes" to my boss. However, that is all under the bridge now.

We have a vacation coming up and many fellow teachers here are bending over backwards to accomodate this lady. She wants to take 6 weeks vacation (she gets only 4 in her contract) and the school is giving her those 6 weeks. Meanwhile, I and another English teacher have to pull 1.5x our weight to make up for her being gone. On top of this, she in her f***-up mindset is being very abusive to us. She's biting the hand that has fed her.

Please, please give me some ideas here before I commit battery, my friends.

Messages In This Thread
Need to get rid of a teacher -- Von_Seldinick -- 2007-04-24
How kind and sympathetic were you? - Teachers Discussion -- black serpent -- 2007-04-27
Von Seldinick - Teachers Discussion -- CrocodileHunter -- 2007-04-27
SOMEHOW, IT'S YOUR FAULT... - Teachers Discussion -- pretty teacher -- 2007-04-27
You made your bed, now sleep in it. - Teachers Discussion -- Not your friend -- 2007-04-24
Okay, idiot, let me explain. - Teachers Discussion -- Von_Seldinick -- 2007-04-25
nor your colleague - Teachers Discussion -- Still not your friend -- 2007-04-25
solution - Teachers Discussion -- Topknot -- 2007-04-25
Still not your friend - Teachers Discussion -- Not your friend -- 2007-04-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Need to get rid of a teacher

Go to another board -