TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Avoid Companies Like This - Teachers Discussion
Darryl Youzefowich - 2007-05-02

Last year I replied to a job post at another major ESL web site that was hiring you to process cheques for them. What you were supposed to do is cash cheques from their supposed customers, because they couldn't do so themselves. The company was supposed to be centred in China and produce motorcycles engines. They had a nice website and they gave me formal documents to say I had been hired as a financial representative. I was naturally suspicious, checked with an international lawyer in Canada, we couldn't figure out how they worked their scam. I decided to process one of their cheques to see if this scam looking company actually would come through. Naturally, it was declared a fraudulent cheque by banking authorities in England where the cheque was supposedly issued. I am still wondering why they thought anyone in the banking system would cash their cheque. I guess they figured if some dumb bank in a far away country would give them the money, they had nothing to lose. I guess I shouldn't have gone and cashed the cheque, but it didn't cost me a lot and I was curious. The damage to me was minimal, but I wasted a lot of time emailing the supposed boss! It is a good thing I was not charged with trying to cash a fraudulent cheque! Just avoid too-good-to-be-true companies.

Messages In This Thread
Avoid Companies Like This - Teachers Discussion -- Darryl Youzefowich -- 2007-05-02
You are indeed lucky! - Teachers Discussion -- black serpent -- 2007-05-03
Banking Fraud - Teachers Discussion -- Em -- 2007-05-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Avoid Companies Like This - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -