TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › teaching Chinese preK students and wechat
Beth Murphy - 2018-03-29

Hi everyone
I am so happy to find this board ! I have been thinking of teaching Chinese children(age 4-6).
I have masters degree in special education and experience with the preschool population. I have researched all the online platforms ( not impressed with curriculum) and quite horrified by the reality of how they treat their employees
They remind me of Market America.

I have specific ideas about using actual picture books and hands on activities similar to what I would do in a preschool setting .My main goal is to have 4/5 " regular" students twice a week for 6 months or more I would use a kindergarten screening tool and Dolch word lists to evaluate progress. What would you suggest as a price per lesson?

Has anyone used wechat as a way to find students or to accept payments through wechat wallet / red envelopes ?

My son is studying Chinese. He will spend this summer and Sept. 2019 thru May 2020 in China.
I am looking for a way to have money set up for him in China . Is it OK to do it directly thru We chat ? I was thinking it would be easier and we wouldn't have to pay a foreign transaction fee .
Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
teaching Chinese preK students and wechat -- Beth Murphy -- 2018-03-29
Re teaching Chinese preK students and wechat -- caring -- 2018-03-29
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › teaching Chinese preK students and wechat

Go to another board -