TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Looking For Additional Lesson Ideas - Teachers Discussion
BlueOrion37 - 2007-05-15

I am always looking for new material to add to my lessons. I've created curriculums for ages 12 to adult with ESL and special needs in mind. Talk about time-consuming. I recommend checking out middle and high school education sites for teachers, as well as US colleges and universities for new teachers. Some of the best material can be found there. If all else fails, I take thins from my environment and really delve into the actions, words and sentences I use so effortlessly and then try to think about it from the perspective of a non-native English speaker. This, I typically ponder as I am getting ready in the morning, while I am teacher, food shopping, or walking home from work. I find that a over a few days I can come up with new ideas. If all else fails however, there is always a phone call or email to that beloved English or ESL professor, friend or colleague to bounce ideas off of.

Hope this helps.

Messages In This Thread
Looking For Additional Lesson Ideas - Teachers Discussion -- BlueOrion37 -- 2007-05-15
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Looking For Additional Lesson Ideas - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -